In this document, “we” and “our” refers to European Consulting Company (ECCO) of Avenue de Tervueren, 13a, Box 7; 1040 Brussels; Belgium.
ECCO is a Brussels-based independent consultancy specialised in EU food policy and association management, providing services to corporate clients and trade associations in the food/food ingredient sector.
These individuals, also knowns as “data subjects” can include employees, business contacts, candidates responding to job offers and other people that the company has a relationship with or may need to contact.
ECCO is committed to handle personal data in compliance with applicable data protection laws, including EU Regulation 2016/679 on General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In particular, ECCO commits to only collect and process personal data that is: processed fairly, in a transparent way and based on valid legal grounds; obtained for specific lawful purposes; adequate, relevant and not excessive; accurate and kept up to date; not held for longer than necessary; protected in appropriate ways and not transferred outside of the European Economic Area, unless adequate protective measures are in place.
What personal data do we collect?
ECCO may collect the following categories of personal data to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes outlined in this policy:
- Identification data, such as name, forename, photo, national registration number
- Contact data, such as email address, telephone number, postal address;
- Personal information, such as age, date of birth, gender, marital status, citizenship;
- Financial data, such as bank account details;
- Education and profession and employment data, such as university, specialisation, function, skill sets, past employers;
In most instances, we collect personal data directly from the data subjects, but we may sometimes obtain personal data from third parties (such as the data subject’s employer or from a public authority).
Why we process personal data and on what basis?
When ECCO processes personal data of its staff, it does so for the purposes of managing and administering, monitoring and supervising its personnel to fulfil Belgian labor and employment laws and to fulfil our obligations as an employer under the employment contracts signed with its employees.
ECCO also processes personal data of candidates who apply for jobs at ECCO for the purpose of recruitment activities, based either on the candidates’ consent or on the necessity to conclude a contract with candidates that have been selected.
ECCO also has a legitimate interest in the processing of personal data to the extent strictly necessary for the purposes of allowing exchanges with individuals who have engaged with ECCO regarding the professional services delivered by ECCO.
How long do we keep personal data?
ECCO will only keep personal data for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they were collected, e.g. for the duration of a contractual relationship or of a project, and for a period of time thereafter if so required by applicable law or if in the primary interests of the data subjects. ECCO does not transfer personal data outside of the EEA.
What are your rights as data subjects and how to exercise them?
As data subject, you have the following rights with respect to personal data we hold about you, subject to applicable legal restrictions:
- Right of access to your personal data;
- Right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete personal data;
- Right to erasure of your personal data;
- Right to restriction of processing of your personal data;
- Right to data portability, i.e., the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data to another controller;
- Right to object to all or part of the processing, when legally allowed;
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making, including profiling within the limits set out by the law;
- Right to withdraw consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent;
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in the EU.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or if you are not satisfied about how we protect your privacy, you should address your request by email together with a copy of your ID (which we will only use to verify your identity), to ECCO, as data controller at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
ECCO will aim to respond to data subject requests within a maximum of 1 month of receipt of the request.